What we offer
We offer a range of evidence-based professional development opportunities for teachers and school support staff, extending our strong learning culture to other schools.
These courses build on initial teacher training and induction and are designed, delivered and evaluated within the framework of the Standards for Teachers’ Professional Development. Our courses and development activities:
- focus on improving and evaluating pupil outcomes
- are underpinned by robust evidence and expertise
- include collaboration and expert challenge
- are sustained over time and
- are prioritised by school leadership
- identify the best teachers and leaders from across the alliance to provide school-led professional development
- tailor development to meet the specific needs of schools
- offer coaching and mentoring
- evaluate the impact of professional development across the alliance
- offer opportunities for formal accreditation or school-led research
We will help school leaders to develop successful succession planning strategies to identify and develop people to fill leadership positions in the future.
To achieve this, we will:
- develop future headteachers to help meet the most pressing national needs in primary, small rural, special, challenging urban/coastal and faith schools
- help more women, and leaders from black and minority ethnic backgrounds to become senior leaders
- put processes in place to identify potential leaders in areas of need
- develop potential leaders within and across our schools
- build strategic governance and partnerships in order to make decisions about developing and placing potential leaders
Click here to see our CPD provision and to book on one of our CPD events.
Alternatively, click here to see the CPLD programme for The Nucleus.